Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Let's Dish



One of my favorite catalogs is Brocade Home, (brought to us by Restoration Hardware) although my home does not resemble it in any way. (A girl can dream, can't she?)


The image above has been featured in their recent spring issues and I was captivated by these plates, along with the aptly named "Silhouette Table".

After some research, I found that they were done by Sarah Cihat. You can see more examples of her "Rehabilitated Dishware" here.

A favorite daily read of mine is Danny Seo's blog, Simply Green. He's done a lot of similar plates, reglazing thrifted plates with just a sticker cut into a silhouette and some porcelain glaze that can be found at Michaels or other local craft store. You can find a tutorial here. Let me know if you try it and what the results are.

No comments: